The Wannabe News & Weatherman!!!

I love my dad - and when I think of him there are so many things that come to mind, my dad, my friend, the enforcer, the very very hard worker who always took care of us, provided for us - family was always first.  I don't believe we ever had a need. And he made sure our mom could stay home and take care of us. One thing my dad loves to do is also drink... which with his age has gotten worse but I guess that is for another posting.

But there is one other thing my dad also loves to do.

I don't know if this is something that happens when you start to get older... but my dad who just turned 78... must have wanted to be a news / weatherman growing up.  Since I can remember he has always enjoyed reading the newspapers (no one was allowed to touch the paper until he finished reading it) or sitting in front of the television watching the news (and of course all the entertainment news in Spanish and English - he needs to be well rounded)...

My dad has always took pride of being on top of what is going on.  Its was VERY interesting growing up and talking about something and he would always have his opinion on the subject - and yeah you could have yours also... but his would be the correct one. Many times even my teachers had no idea what they were talking about.  I don't think there was or is a topic my father isn't "knowledgeable" on.  Whether it be politics, religion, sports, or life... just to name a few.

But lately, little by little he has been concentrating more on the weather channel - or any and every channel that is showing the weather.   Yes he does enjoy watching movies... but nothing like that weather channel with the instrumental music playing in the background.  He totally loves that channel!!!  I think that one of his secret desires would be to have several monitors so he can see all the weather channels at the same time - and may be one for the news (just in case something happened - he would be aware of it).

I can call up my dad right now and bring up a topic and he will fill me in as to what has been happening blow by blow and I am sure that if I mention the snow we are supposed to be getting, he can tell me exactly where the snow is, what time it will be passing over NJ and how much it will snow we will get and where it will go from there.  It the oddest thing.

I guess all of us live out our dream in one way or another...  at one time or another.

Thanks dad for all the information you have shared with me throughout the years... especially the weather information happening around the world.