In Awe...

I love music!!!  And I LOVE to sing... nope I'm not a singer but in my heart I am.

There are songs that can take you back to certain times in life...

Like when I was young and my mom teaching me to dance... or our trip to Dominican Republic... 8th grade, High School, etc...  They don't do anything for you - just fun to listen to and reminisce and laugh...

But its different when you come to worship the Lord.

There are some songs that I hear or sing that instantly take me into the presence of the Lord.  Its not about the song or the music... its not a feel good thing - but its coming to the Lord and offering these words as a fragrant incense to Him as worship... as a prayer.  When I sing to the my Lord and Savior - I don't want to offer him up just words... but my heart... to praise Him with all that I have but then at the same time its a feeling of unworthiness.  Here I am a sinner coming into his presence offering up these words to Him... the one who died on the cross for me... Its indescribable.  

The latest song that I continually am offering up to my Lord is:  I Stand by Hillsong United.




The lyrics are:
You stood before creation - Eternity within Your hand - You spoke the earth into motion - My soul now to stand - You stood before my failure - Carried the Cross for my shame - My sin weighed upon Your shoulders - My soul now to stand - So what can I say - What can I do - But offer this heart O God Completely to You - So I'll walk upon salvation - Your Spirit alive in me - This life to declare Your promise - My soul now to stand - So what can I say - What can I do - But offer this heart O God Completely to You - So I'll stand With arms high and heart abandoned - In awe of the One who gave it all - So I'll stand My soul Lord to You surrendered - All I am is Yours

When I think of the words of this song... my heart aches - are the words that I am singing true...  Am I surrendering 100% of my soul to the Lord... Am I offering my heart completely to Him... to the one who carried the cross for my shame...  I desire to love Him more... serve Him more...  share Him with others more...  My desire is to stand with arms high and heart abandoned!!!   I love my Lord... my Father, Creator of Heaven and Earth, the King of kings...the Alpha and Omega, the living Word, the Lamb of God, the Rock, my Savior.