Given in Love...

I am sure that if you have kids you have been faced with this dilemma: what to do with your kids clothes once they have outgrown them...

Some options are: you can drop them off at the Salvation Army... or some other organization. You can hold on to it for a yard sale. You can give it away to someone...

I don't know about you, but there have been several instances where I look forward to passing along clothing, shoes, items that my children have grown out or no longer use - some appreciate it... but other times I've gotten funny looks or comments which have left me feeling bad. Its not like I'm passing along rags or clothes that are stained or smelly or torn...

I have never really understood why someone would be bothered or offended by this gesture. These are people who you know, not a total stranger but I know there are people out there that for personal reasons just don't like using other people things and that is okay all you need to say is "no thank you"...

I am one that I don't mind hand me downs for my kids (or even myself for that matter)... For the past several days though this has been on my heart. I have been beyond blessed and my kids have been doubly blessed by people who think of them with such love. Thank you to my sister Marlene, and my sisters in Christ - Kim, Damaris and Maria. Many times they have emailed me or texted me letting me know I have something for your kids...  Wow!!!


You see, I don't think its so much the material things that are appreciated but the thought... That someone, during their busy day thought about my children with love. My mom always said that "whoever loves my daughters has won over my heart."

It is also just the unexpected show of love at the right time. Its like they knew what I was thinking... and maybe not for me but for a need I know someone has that I can pass these thing on to this person.

Our Lord does work in beautiful and incredible ways... and sometimes He uses very special people to reveal what He has shared with us in His Word...

Matthew 6:25-34 - Do Not Be Anxious
25"Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 26Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? 28And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, 29yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31Therefore do not be anxious, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'32For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. 33But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. 34"Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.