Skinny Legs & Pretty Feet

Oh I am soooo sad!!!  Today I finally got a wonderful and beautiful pair of boots....  I've been wanting something like this for quiet some time.  I had even gotten the outfit to go with it!!!!

Yay!!!!  I was sooo excited.... I put my foot in and they felt wonderful, sooo soft and comfortable.

But here came the problem...  pulling up the zipper.

You see I have inherited the "big calves" gene from my dad!!!  Not like my sisters who have "normal" size calves... mine are jumbo!!!

Oh my goodness - I could not get the zipper up.  And the funny part is - that there is no possible way to suck in your calves.  Not like jeans...  where you jump around, twist and turn and get that zipper up.  Yeah so you're a little light headed for a few seconds... but after moving around and doing some stretches...  the blood starts flowing again.  And now with these wonderful fabrics its not so bad.

But the boots!!!! This shouldn't surprise me - boots have always been a problem, if not for my big calves it was not being able to get my foot in the boot!!!!  ahhhhhh

Its always been one of my dilemmas.  The other dilemma I also have - is what I have come to loving accept as my - "Fred Flinstone" feet.  They are wide with little toes. Again not like my sisters who would wear their strappy sandals and get cute pedicures!!!  It was bad growing up.  I was always ashamed of my feet.  During Spring and Summer while everyone was showing off their pedicures - I was walking around in shoes or my  sneakers, at the beach I would dig my feet into the sand and I remember when I went to visit my sister's house and they had a "no shoes in the house" policy (goodness how I dreaded that) I would ask for socks lol (this still cracks me up)... but through the years I have learned to accept my toes and have eventually started to wear flip flops and sandals and even pedicures - this was such a liberating experience... my oh my what I had been missing out on for sooo many years!!!!

But now back to the calves - ughhhh - I was just thinking of what alternatives were out there...  maybe black duct tape...  but how would I then remove the boots???  I guess they are going back.

Hmmmm, I guess I'll just have to find some wonderful shoes for my new outfit!!!  All is not lost!!!