Seven Days...


I
ts been a week... 
60,4800 seconds or
10,080 minutes or
168 hours or 
in other words seven days.



Seven days ago, a beautiful Friday afternoon I received a call from my friend, Kathy, letting me know that she received a call from the hospital because our friend, Lucille, needed her family and friends at the hospital, she told me that there were several police cars outside of our friend's home... Kathy asked if I was on my way over to pick up my daughter who gets a ride from her... I was just surprised because why would there be police cars outside Lucille's house and why was the hospital calling for family and friends... I told Kathy I was on my way and she told me she had another call coming in...

It was the hospital again - calling from the pediatric department asking for family and friends to come to the hospital. I told Kathy that I would be right over... she asked if Elizabeth could stay with her kids so she could leave right away... and I told her that wouldn't be a problem...

When I get to Kathy's street there were three police cars parked in front of Lucille's home... it was just so odd... I'm thinking Lucille's son who was 15 months old probably got hurt, like broke an arm or leg or got a bad bruise from a tumble... so why were there police cars...

When I arrived at Kathy's house at 4:24 pm all I could do was pace the house... back and forth... when was Kathy going to call to let me know what happened... My last text to her was at 4:54 pm saying "Anything" - but when I didn't hear from her I figured it was bad reception...

At 5:06 pm I got a text from Kathy saying "AJ is with Jesus, he didn't wake up from a nap... pray!" It didn't make sense... what was this saying... I closed the message and opened it up again to make sure it was real and I read it right... I called Kathy because I needed to hear the words from her mouth... and when I did finally reach her and she did confirm the news - my heart fell like a rock... such an immense pain... and the tears began to flow... 

AJ - Anthony James was the cutest little boy... with this awesome reddish hair... and he had just started walking... it was the cutest thing... now he was gone... 

Now all I could do was begin calling our prayer warriors... this family needed prayers, hardcore prayers... and each time I told someone it was the same reaction, the pain coming through the phone...

I know we are not eternal beings... I know we all have to pass away... and its hard when you hear that someone has died - but a child... how does one take that in... a beautiful innocent child.

So much as happened in these seven days... I have seen first hand how God gives strength to those that trust in Him... I was able to see how His words gave comfort and peace... I was able to see how when I was weak, He gave me strength to put my feelings aside and hold Lucille while she was crying and upset... I was able to see how Kathy ministered to her and the family day and night.

Oh but in the midst of all of this, in the midst of her tears and pain - she would share God's word, she would ask for her sisters in Christ, she would talk about her church and the joy it bought her, she would speak about Jesus and how she is getting baptized in November. She was witnessing and ministering to all those around her.

A new chapter begins for my friend Lucille... one I can't understand... but one she has to go through... its going to be a difficult journey, moments when she will break down, be angry, hurt, cry... but deep in her heart she will have one extraordinary thing... Hope... You see this journey she will not take alone... she will take each step with her Lord and Savior and nothing will be too big for Him... and He will continue to give her Hope - that one day she will be reunited with her son again...

I don't know how one can survive this pain or how one can stand when receiving news like this - but I do know that when you know Jesus - He gives you that strength, that peace and that love - those that see you might think you are nuts - but its all Jesus Christ.

Its been a difficult seven days - but I have say how blessed and honored I am to have been able to share these moments with Lucille because in ministering to her - there are so many lessons learned... so many lessons... to praise God for.

Seven days ago - the lives of so many were changed - including mine...

may you be blessed.