O Praise Him

Oh today has been a day of praises... Goodness from time we wake up to the time we go to sleep we have so many reasons to praise God.

These past couple of months have been tough. We have had to do alot of re-budgeting and switching things around... Today was pay day and before the funds even hit the bank - the money was all gone... and I was still short.

Time after time - I pray God - we are being obedient... we are being good stewards... why is this happening.. what is going on... I know what is going on... several months ago I tried to do something right but it backfired and threw us back... I guess its a double edge sword sort of thing... but goodness we just need a break to catch up.

Today was a busy day... had alot to do and take care of... as I got ready to attend a meeting for our Women's Ministry... the thoughts popped back in my head... oh what can I do... Hmmmm maybe play the lotto!!! But my husband reminds me time and time again - that we are to trust in God... Hmmmm okay what else... what can I do.... maybe a second job.... but then that would affect ministry and that is priority for me, for us... I jump in the car, put down the windows and turn up the music... I begin to sing worship songs and my spirit lifts (In case you haven't noticed from my other blogs... I LOVE music and I LOVE to sing!!!).

As I'm driving and singing... I can't help but praise God. I had to praise Him. Yep so our finances are very very tight, I'll have to move some stuff around again... but you know something... I HAVE to praise Him. The Lord has blessed me beyond what I can ask for... in abundance. You see I have to take the focus off what I cannot control. In as much as I would love to - I can't control our finances... our salaries are set, our bills and responsibilities are set and we have to make due with what we have... So worrying about it and losing sleep over it isn't going to make the money multiply you see... But what I can focus on are the incredible blessings He has given me. My family is healthy... we have a roof over our heads - in a home that the Lord has given to us that is full with His love... all of my children are doing well... I have a wonderful and incredible husband who loves us and loves the Lord... we each have good jobs... we have had times of abundance... and I can continue going. So while I was driving to my meeting - I chose to make my mindset. I can't let satan distract me from all of these tremendous blessings - because that is what he wants. And before we know it we will be wallowing in a pit of depression and misery.
Oh my friends... I know that times are hard for so many - I look around our church family and see families who have lost love ones, I see others who are very very ill, others without jobs, others without a home - so many many things happening in the lives of others... and I sit with them and talk to them - many of them praise God... thank God... they are joyful...

The Lord has a plan... He has provided for us to this date... there has not been a need... and I can only praise Him and thank Him. We need to change our words from complaining to praising - Oh where, where would I be without my wonderful Lord and Savior... He has given me all I will ever need - grace, mercy, love, and His blood that He shed for me, for us... which also means eternal life.

Today / Tonight - sing praises... sing loud... because He has given you so so much!!!

My theme song: