My Praying Princess Peanut

I don't consider myself to be a prayer warrior - even though I love to pray... I see some women from my church like Carol and Akos to name two - that when I hear them pray I know in my being that something is happening... I know that satan and his demons are running away... its like earth is trembling... I love to hear them pray... to hold hands with them and enter into His throne.

There is nothing more precious... than to be able to seek the Lord in prayer... to have a tender conversation with Him, to sit and share, to sit in silence while the tears fall, to fall on my face in awe and reverence, to sing praises to Him...

I sit here and type this... and my heart swells up...

That I can come before the Lord, the creator of heaven and earth... at any time, at any place and speak to Him... and He listens to me.

I remember when I first came to the Lord... and I was learning how to pray... the older women used to tell me that we do not need an operator to relay our prayers to God or to see if God was avaliable for us... they taught me that we have direct acess to Him... I remember when I heard that I was in awe... like are you serious... I don't have to pray to a statue - so that they can tell God was is going on!!! WOW... I couldn't believe it... I was so used to praying to pictures and statues... and now I could go to Him...

My youngest daughter Priscilla Grace... our princess peanut... oh she is a fireball... with one incredible spunky personality... what she lacks in size - she makes up vocally. Her voice is never drowned out by her older sister or brother... she fends for herself... and if things still don't work out or she isn't heard... she has this incredible high pitched scream that makes my bone marrow shake. And its been like this since my pregnancy with her... she was a total surprise - not planned - but God had His own plans... but that is for another day...

My princess peanut also has this incredible side to her... she is loving, tender, caring, and sweet... she loves her friends... but she loves Jesus even more... and one thing she loves to do is pray. Before we eat our meals, if someone is sick, for her daddy that works so hard, when she is scared... they are not long winded prayers... usually short and to the point... but they are initiated by her and that is the biggest blessing. She'll stop in her tracks and shouts out lets pray!!! Or she'll sit next to me and put her tiny hand in mine and she'll say lets pray...
But today I truly learned how much our kids pick up on things... like when we go to the Lord in prayer...

She entered first grade last week... and today she had three tests... math, spelling and reading... oh she was scared my tiny one... but we prayed last night and again this morning. But today when I dropped her off at school, I lifted her out of the car and gave her a hug and kiss and walked two steps and she just stopped right there and said lets pray... so what is a mom to do - I stopped and we held hands and we prayed.. Even Caleb joined in. She is my prayer warrior...

So as I saw her walk off to school holding hands with her brother Caleb - oh my darling precious princess peanut... I was just wondered what she was going to be for God... How He was going to use this vessel for His honor and glory..

And I sat there and prayed... and then pumped up the volume and praised Him some more!!!

Thank you Jesus for choosing me... to raise these children for your honor and glory...