As my strength diminishes...

Oh how my heart aches.... 

Yesterday a friend of mine, Lucille lost her son... He was 16 months old. Oh he was the cutest thing with his beautiful red hair that just stood out.

Yesterday I went to the hospital to be with Lucille and with my friend Kathy (who is a good friend of mine but also Lucille's neighbor and her friend)... and my friend Shannon who is the Nursery Director of our church who was also there to comfort Lucille.

I don't know if I would say unfortunately or fortunately in this situation... Unfortunate that this happened - what does one do or say... how does one ease the pain... but then again fortunate to have the Lord, that He provides those words, that comfort, that love and that we could be His hands and feet and that He uses us to minister to others as He would have us...

It was a blessing to be able to be there for both of them. Even though I knew Anthony and loved him very much - I was not as close as Kathy was or even Shannon... so I was being strong and encouraging with her and holding her and praying for her... reminding her in the midst of the confusion and pain and the fog she was in that she was loved... that I loved her, that we loved her that God loved her... she would nod her head but I know that her feelings were just a ball of knots and confusion.

I came home last night and shared with my mother in law... and we prayed for her... when I arrived at my home I shared with my husband and then my daughter Elizabeth called me to her room and she was in tears thinking about Lucille and Anthony and also Kathy's children who are younger than her... as she asked what could she do... All I could do was comfort her and I prayed with her.

I was in the midst of my own fog and confusion... thinking I would wake up at any moment.... we went to bed and it was a restless sleep... my inner being just wanted to jump out and do something... to be there for Lucille, to be there for Kathy and for Shannon...

As I awoke this morning I realized this is real... and the pain started to make itself more evident...

I'm still being strong making some phone calls, praying and sharing...

I just texted a friend of mine so that she could pray for me... later on Ray and myself are going to pass by Kathy's house to pray with her and for her and her husband and then visit with Lucille...

In my text I wrote - pray for me because I feel my strength becoming weak...

And that is when the Lord reminded me that my strength can only be found in Him... and the verse 2 Corinthians 12:9 came to my heart: But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

So in the midst of this pain... and as "my" strength slowly diminishes, I will let the power of Christ rest upon me...