Just give me Jesus...

Oh what a day this has been... but in the midst of all of the pain my heart rejoices.

Many times I have heard Phillippians 4:7 - "And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." and I know that God will do this... and He has... but then there are certain situations that make me ponder - will He.

And today as I sat with my friend Lucille - this was made so evident. In the midst of her pain and broken heart - I was able to see the peace of God which surpasses all understanding on her face. And this was only something that God could do.
My friend is a new believer... but the Lord has made Himself so real in her life and in her heart. Today she was sharing scripture and Bible stories... she was sharing how she has been praying to the Lord... and she she would break down and ask why in the midst of her tears... but then something would come over her - and that could only be the Spirit of the Lord.

Oh to know Jesus... there is no better thing. He is not a figurine that we light candles to... or a picture on a wall... he is not the image crucified on the cross... He is alive and He is ever present and real... ready to console us at all times in the midst of our pain.

There is nothing more beautiful in this world but to know Jesus as our Lord and Savior... to know that He knows each one of us by name... that we do not need words to speak because He knows our hearts... that our Father knows each tear that falls from our eyes...

Oh just give me Jesus... give me Jesus... you can all this world... but give me Jesus... 

xoxoxo