When you reach out...

Photo by Emmanuel Gundra - Monica's Husband
On Thursday, I went with my friend Monica to visit one of our church members - Ms. Marge Rebecky who is in her 90's and very sick.

After I got home, despite being sad seeing Ms. Marge in that condition - I also felt so blessed seeing my friend Monica love Ms. Marge with her touch and words... it was just to tender.  I sent Monica a note saying how thankful I was for her friendship but most of all seeing her heart in action... I found it to be such a gift.  How I wish I could have captured those moments to share with you... because they are indescribable.  

Her reply to me was so true that I needed to share it with you... and I hope you are also touched by it.

"Reaching out takes something from you and puts it onto someone else. When you walk away you leave changed. Changed because you have given away a part of yourself but also that person put something in you. The pain you see, the tears, the words Please help me. That never leaves your mind, it plays over and over again. So you say next time I won't give in. But when the Lord touches you, you are never the same and you have to share that Love with another."  Monica Gundran 


As I read her reply to me - it reaches my heart...  When the Lord touches you, you are never the same again - we become more Christlike - our desire becomes to be more like Him and sharing that love -that only comes from Him - with others, even in the most difficult moments...  In giving of ourselves - we are blessed beyond words and filled by Him with more of Him.

Be blessed...