Pleasing the Lord...

I am a people-pleaser..

Yes as hard as it is to admit (because I don't like the sound of it) I am... but little by little I have been discovering that I am able to say "no".

Recently I had to say no to someone and goodness it was something that I was dreading... but I was able to meet with the person today and without 101 excuses, shared that at this was not the right time and it was not something we did not want to do.

Whoa!!!! If you know me - you will know that one of my favorites replies is a cheerful"no problem"... Yep... no problem... but you see its something that the Lord has been convicting me on and something that I have been praying about. One of the verses that I am memorizing is "For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ." (Galatians 1:10 ESV)

You see the first problem that people like me tend to do is to seek validation from the world. But no matter how much the world loves or hates you, your value, your true worth can only come from our Lord and Savior. You can give all your time all of your efforts to please others and it still won't do nothing for us... You know something you won't feel fulfilled or even at ease... but probably just the opposite because then you will start to doubt if you did enough, if you gave enough, what they thought of you. But the lesson we must learn is that we need to learn is that the only one that can give you true worth and fill that void is that Lord.

We must also realize that we are loved beyond words. Our value has never changed with God and there is nothing we can do to make Him love us any more, or any less... you see its not about works... He wants our hearts...

But you know what broke it down for me - its my daughter Elizabeth... like I have mentioned before - as hard as it is for me to admit - my precious one is my mini me. And why does that sound like if its a bad thing... we would want our children to be like us... right??? Hmmmm its just a strange thing - its like having an outer body experience - where we can see our flaws right to our face... those things we don't like about ourselves... from the big things to the little things... and then I see how hard she tries to please me... how hard she works to get that affirmation, that sense of approval... and day after day I try to remind her of how proud I am of her and that I love her... and just like Jesus reminds me - I remind her that there is nothing she can do that will make me love her any less. I want her to know and to grow up knowing that she doesn't have to work for love, for acceptance, but that her security comes from the Lord - who loves her beyond any words.

Our God is the same way. He doesn’t want His children thinking they have to work for His love. He wants them to run to Him knowing that He loved us sooo much - that He died on the cross for us... He reminds us that He did it all...

What a beautiful reminder that is...

Where is your identity found? I have learned that mine is found in Him... and that is the legacy that I want to pass on to my children... that if the world is going to criticize or judge you - let it be because you lived your life to please Him above all things...


Be blessed...