Our Old School Pastor

I wanted to share the message on the message my Pastor preached on this Sunday, but as I started typing - I took a detour from the message to sharing about my Pastor.

So my Pastor's name is William Hegedus... we call him Pastor Bill. He has alot of interesting qualities but one specific one that stands out to me is that he is very "creative". It stands out for me because I consider myself to be pretty creative but just thinking of some things make me laugh... You see Pastor Bill loves to share on his old school creativeness. One which he has shared is that when he found a picture or a clipart he wanted to use - he would rubber cement it on a piece of paper and then make copies... (he still tries and go old school minus the rubber cement - but praise God he is getting better on finding new images on his computer). Which is another topic all on its own... it was only until several years ago that he actually truly began using a computer which has its ups and downs - Pastor Bill functions at a much faster level than his computer!!! But those are some of the qualities that make him unique. He is still old school - not caught up in all this technology - and I appreciate that about him.

One cool thing about our Pastor is that he loves putting his messages to themes (if that makes sense lol) - and there is usually a series of messages behind it... there are times when it can take on a life of its own. The last series - Be The Change - he had stickers made for us and even glow in the dark bracelets (which my darling husband has a growing collection of - his arm alone can practically light up our bedroom at night). Pastor loves his banners!! He has a banner made with the name of the series which goes over the pulpit - he wants us to make sure we do not forget what he is preaching on... and sometimes he can get quite creative finding the right logo to go on the banner... and I guess its those little or big details that so many appreciate about him.

Well this Summer the theme is the Book of Psalms... and the series is called Summer Songs. Pastor, together with the Elders (my hubby being one of them) and various deacons have been and will be preaching on a Psalm they have selected.

I don't know if I'm being hmmmm what's the word - impartial... since he is my Pastor - but I feel that his messages are pretty incredible... I don't know if I've mentioned to you that I work at my church - I'm the Financial Administrator and the Assistant to the Church Administrator - I guess they are just big titles - which basically sum up doing whatever needs to be done (which I love and am blessed to be able to do ministry every day). One of the quirks of working at the church is that I type up the Sunday bulletin. Its an outlet where I can be creative. Well our Pastor LOVES his outlines!!! He writes out his messages which his wife types out and he'll give me his outline which I type out for our weekly bulletins. Other pastors might give you a blank area in the bulletin for you to take notes... not our Pastor... he has his outline with fill the blanks!!! Its funny because if you know me - I love to take notes... oh back in the day I would practically write out the whole message in my first church in Spanish - I enjoy being able to capture the words and put them on paper... I feel that in writing it out - it sticks in my head (heart) better!!!

Well one of the interesting things about these outlines and our Pastor is that there are times when Pastor will detour from part of his outline or will reword something just a little bit that will cause me to have a "fill in" without an answer!!! Oh my goodness I just laugh some more thinking about it - this is very difficult to move past - I don't like leaving blank lines!!!

Through the years I have had two very special sisters sit next to me (Alina and Elizabeth Arias) who I truly love and adore... but the problem is that they also feel the same way as I do in regards to taking notes... so when Pastor doesn't give us that "answer" its sends us into a frenzy - we start looking around as if the missing answer is going to pop out of the pew in front of us lol.... oh if we could only raise our hands: "Pastor, Pastor... ughhhh what was the answer to 2b?" But thank goodness we can't because we would be interrupting every two minutes either having him repeat something a tad slower or explain it a little more. But in a couple of weeks - it won't be the same... Alina who is now married sits next to her hubby and Elizabeth has graduated High School and in about two weeks is leaving to college... ughhhh - ay ay ay goodness that will be one interesting Sunday!!!

Yep my Pastor is old school... but I wouldn't change him for anything... He loves the Lord, he's a man of God, and we are blessed to have him as our Pastor!!! Its just fascinating listening to him share about all his "creative" tricks and how he used to do it... Wow - it would be quiet fascinating to have his brain and all those ideas with today's technology... but then again it wouldn't be Pastor Bill...