Tonight I Saw Love

Tonight I went to visit Ms Marge Rebecky. 

Ms Marge is a tiny woman - 93 or 94 years old.  She was the greeter at our church.  Each Sunday morning when you would come to the second service - there she was... looking all pretty with her well coordinated outfits and matching accessories with her perfect hair and makeup... there she would stand at the entrance and greet you with a grandmotherly smile.... say hello and hand you a church bulletin. 

Always with a kind word and a twinkle in her eye.

But Ms. Marge was slowly deteriorating...

One Sunday she was there and the next Sunday - her son calls me over to tell me how sick she was. It was unbelievable...she was just here and I was complimenting her on how beautiful her hair looked.  

Ms. Marge is now is very very sick. She may not have long to live. When  I went to visit her tonight - she was calling out to her brother and sister- both who have passed away.

I went to visit her with my friend Monica.  When we got there Ms. Marge was experiencing anxiety... and was a little fidgety, calling out to her loved ones which were not there... but beyond all that - it was that peace, that love, that something that is indescribable that you know can only come from knowing Jesus.

When the time came for her to eat, I switched seats and sat across from her.  And was able to see this love from another point of view... I saw Monica hold her hand and try comfort her... 

I heard her daughter share her stories and how from time to time she remembers little things...

I saw her son talk to her, stroke her hair, hold her hand and take care of her.  He would ask her - "Do you love me" and she would reply "yes I do".  I could only think of how blessed Marge is even now... to be loved so much during this time. How can a son do this -   and all that came to my heart was Philippians 4:6-7 "do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God,which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." The peace of God which surpasses all understanding... how beautiful is that... that even during these difficult moments - the Lord will give you a peace that cannot be explained... 


Tonight I saw love... 

Thank you Monica - for showing your beautiful, tender and gentle heart... time and time again I see this special gift in you that the Lord has given to you... I am so blessed to know you.

Yes tonight I saw love...