Gardening

Several months ago, being the "gardener" that I am, I purchased several planting pots, dirt and seeds!!! I was determined to do some planting, well that never happened.

Several weeks ago, my precious Priscilla had a friend over and I decided that we should put all this stuff to use. They got out the pots and put in the dirt and arranged the seeds carefully.

It was interesting to see what followed in the next several weeks... Each day my daughter would pass by the little pot and make sure nothing happened to it... she patted the dirt and poured in the water... she would be playing and all of a sudden I would here the screen door open and close - "Priscilla what are you doing?"... "checking on my plant mom" she would reply...

Well a couple of weeks ago - to my surprise I was amazed to see a little green bud popping out... I was shocked... with all the "love" and patting and moving that this little plant endured, it truly was a miracle that anything popped out at all. I'm just astonished that God makes that possible... out of a tiny seed - birth...

Each day as I see this little plant grow more and more - and how I see the care Priscilla gives it... to the point of even arranging stones and leaves around it (I guess to "encourage" growth)... it makes me think of that seed that is planted in our hearts...

Here are some interesting observations: when those seeds are in their package... nothing happens - they could be there for a very very long time and they will remain seeds. Seeds are usually very small in size - but the plant that the seeds produces grows to an incredible size. A seed does not rest, once planted - it works day and night... and again once planted - if the seed is not watered... it will die.

How beautiful it is that when we share the Word of God with someone... and let then know that "...God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16) - that seed is planted in their hearts. When a person accepts Jesus as their Lord and Savior, the Holy Spirit brings that seed to life. And with tender love and care, through prayer, fellowship, and learning... that seed grows and blossoms. Sometimes that relationship with Him takes off like a firecracker... and sometimes its a slow process - but the end result is that those words shared - take root in their hearts and in their lives - His Word never returns void...

Have you been planting seeds in the lives of others... or have you been "nourishing" someone and helping someone in their walk... through words of encouragement, love, and prayer... go on... its never too late to begin.

Be blessed...