My Delights

Resolutions... yep I wrote about that a few days ago and now that I am into day 2 of the new year I am changing things around.  Resolutions doesn't quite roll off my tongue and make me happy.  So I've decided to change the word to Delights... yep - Delights!!!  Delights make me happy... its something about the word that makes me smile.

What do I want to Delight myself in this new year?  What causes me delight?  So the following is my list of Delights and what I want to work on and grow in:

  • The Word - my relationship with my Savior
  • My hubby - being the wife I was created to be - my husband is a gift from God - Am I taking care of that gift?  Of my responsibilities?  
  • My children - I want to be a better mom...  The Lord has entrusted these children to me... 
  • My home... seeing it "clean" and "organized".  This home is an answered prayer...  I am so thankful for it.
  • Challenges - taking risks, being different!!!
  • Fun - laughing more, being silly, being me
  • Changes - been in a funk - getting out of it and making some internal and external changes - I don't know what they are yet - but I've put it in God's hand and I'm ready
  • Red shoes - but of course...
  • Red lipstick - to match the red shoes!!!
  • Working Out - Zumba!!! - Gotta get in shape but need to have fun in the process
  • Relaxing - I felt I was too uptight in 2011 - going to learn to truly relax and breathe
  • Not Yelling, Shouting, Screaming lol - Yep I do way too much of this that it drives me bonkers.  My kids aren't hearing impaired... so why???  
These are just a few...  2011 was an "odd" year but it was GREAT... I can't complain - we were healthy, had a roof over our heads... our needs were met.  For 2012 I want to take it up a notch...  to take that step, to leap forward without doubt and having full FAITH in Him!!!