Courageous

Its taking me a several days to process this movie - Courageous.  I think of it and my heart aches.  I've always tried to be a good wife, a good mom, a good woman.... and in seeing this movie its has just made me realize that there are so many aspects of my life that I need to work on and let Him take charge of.  If I am to be honest I am tired of trying.

Hmmmm - let me word this differently...  I love my husband, I love my children... I am blessed - but because I am blessed and because of who gave me these blessings I feel that I should honor Him more with my life and stop trying and submit to Him.

Its so easy to fall into a routine... and get comfortable, especially when the kids grow a little older and become more independent.  Its easy to fall into that trap that satan sets before us - they're okay, they don't need me, they have it figured out - when in reality this is when they need me more than ever.

If I am to be honest - and share my heart - which is the purpose of this blog.... I can say the same thing about my husband... I love him (I really do love him!!!) and I know that he loves me.  So since we love each other and because we are "Christian" I tend to feel that I am "protected" from those "worldly" traps.  Once again - I can be comfortable and not fix myself up, let myself go, I don't have to be on top of things because - hey he loves me...  what a mistake!!!

I've seen alot of movies where bad things happen to loved ones, and even know some people who have lost loved ones in a blink of an eye and all you have to do is turn on the news and see death.  Then we are left with if only I would have, should have - could have...

I guess because I went into this movie with an open heart - God convicted me of how I've been sloppy with His gifts to me and His blessings to me.  Its easy to say tomorrow I'll start, or I'll wait for him to make the first move, or there can be 101 excuses to justify why not now.

The awesome part is that God is there waiting - to start all over again, right now.

I have no idea who is reading this blog - I see that there are alot of people reading it (which is a total surprise and shock to me lol) - praise God... If you are reading this entry - I want you to know that God has a wonderful plan for your life... yes for you.  No matter what you've done, or what you haven't done, He is just waiting for you - He is already reaching His hand out to you.

Join me in this journey.  Join me is discovering who we are in Him.  Join me in starting a new chapter in our life - Home is where the story begins.... lets turn the page and start our story.  And if you happen to be saying - oh my goodness but there are sooo many chapters - I've started over so many times - don't worry you are not alone.  That is what makes you wonderful... and the awesome part is that you haven't totally given up!!!
You are loved!!!  He loves you!!!