Reconnecting

Several months ago I "disconnected" from different things to spend more time enjoying the holidays and spending time doing things with my family and doing things that I truly enjoyed.  Little by little I have cut down on my facebook time and I was honestly praying about whether or not to continue on with my blog.

Its funny when you stop to think about how much time one spends doing meaningless "stuff". The hours become days, the days become weeks and so on... I know that many of you can relate and understand where I am coming from.

During this time I also came to truly reconnect with the most important relationship of all and that is with Jesus Christ.  Not that I disconnected from Him... but if I am to be honest - I don't feel that I was giving Him my first fruits.  I was giving Him what I had left over after I spent all my time doing all that other "stuff".  

I have to admit that I also had a very hard time with the transition in September when my husband stepped down from youth ministry due his responsibilities of being an Elder and also as he felt led to minister to the young adults of our church. This ministry was something we did together - since the time we were dating...  got married, during my pregnancies and birth of our children.  It felt like it I would leave the hospital and a few days later I was back with the youth serving alongside my husband.  I was active in the ministry -  teaching a couple of times a week, serving, counseling, etc... and all of a sudden one day it was over.  But what I have come to realize through much prayer and study is that God had another plan for my life.  It was a new season... which I had to savor and enjoy to the fullest. As I follow Christ and serve alongside my husband in a different capacity, as I focus on the essentials, I am finding joy.

My main role is to love my husband and children, to guard my purity, to be a worker - a kind worker - at home, and to be subject to my husband so that the Word of God may not be dishonored... and any other thing that I pursue must not interfere with these priorities.  My family is the Lord's work.

It is of utmost importance to remember that our relationship with Christ comes first. We have to remember that God is God and that is all we need to know.  We have to realize that our moment by moment fellowship with Him is the most satisfying thing in our life and we must have a passion for bringing God glory in everything we do.

As we set Him always before us, we will be able to do all that we do as an act of true worship