Love in our Home

Its 9:51pm on a Saturday night...

My kiddies are almost done watching a movie...

My hubby is doing some studying for his Sunday School class tomorrow...

I'm here cuddled up on my favorite part of the sofa (my corner) under my blanket.

Tonight we went out on our Valentine's Date.  On Valentine's Day we celebrated our love for the family together... tonight it was just us - my hubster and I.  I truly love my husband and sooo appreciate the incredible love that he has for me.  Only God can give a gift like that!!

I look around and admire all of my Valentine's decor... I did a little more than usual this year... more so for the kids. There were some projects that they helped me with and others that they watched me do... but the most important part of it all was that during these projects we were able to have good conversations about life and love, not just the romantic lovey dovey love that fades away, but true love.

You see I want my children to have a deep appreciation for what real love is.  First and foremost the love that our Heavenly Father has for us and that we should have for Him.  The love toward each other, their love for us and us for them and especially the love that they see with mommy and daddy.  I want the them to grow up seeing true love displayed in our home... to see the hugs and the kisses, to hear the I love yous, to hear the silliness and sounds of mom and dad laughing like crazy... I want my daughters to see what it looks like to love and be loved as well as my son to see the same.  I don't want TV shows, magazines, or friends to teach them what love is... I want it seen at home.

The Lord has truly blessed us.  We are not a perfect marriage or have it all put together, we have our moments, our highs and lows - but we do truly do love each other and our family.

Once again I was able to see how much my children pay attention to what is going on around them and the impact it leaves on their heart.  I love that my children are able to see those special qualities in their dad.  When they were making their heart wreath for him - the question was "What do you love about your dad"... and to hear their answers was truly touching - they weren't just throwing out answers - but sharing stories and memories with those answers.  Just thinking back on that day makes my heart smile.

I am so thankful for all that the Lord has given to us - the gift of love - the ability to give it, receive it and show it.

As I sit here looking at the remnants of Valentine's day... the handmade cards, the left over chocolate wrappers, my beautiful roses and the fallen petals... I take it all in.  Soon it will all be cleaned up, the Valentine's decor will be replaced by Spring... but love will still reign in our home.  Hugs, kisses, cuddling, laughter, conversations... How can I not sing praises to the Lord and shout my adoration for Him...