Thankful for Another Year

Yep, today is my birthday
23 times 2 
(sounds better)
I love making a big deal of my birthday.  It gives me an excuses to be a little nuttier and sillier, yes it is possible to do!!  


Its awesome to see the kids, as they get older, get excited, plan the surprises, write out the messages on the cards, do the decorating...

As the evening begins to slowly come to an end... and as I finish reading all the beautiful messages that have been sent via text, email, instagram or facebook - of those I've known for many many years or just a few months... I am just reminded that God is so very very good... I've tried to reply to everyone to let them know how thankful I am - but its so hard to convey that gratitude for a simple gesture - its those little things that bring a smile to the heart of the person receiving it... 

Its been a tough year - with many different challenges... times of growth, learning to depend more and more on the Lord... realizing that nothing, absolutely nothing in guaranteed... but most of all I have continued to know that my God is in control, there is nothing that I have gone through that has escaped Him. He is aware of every situation, every heartache, each tear, all my questions and he patiently and lovingly listens to me.  But most of all this year God has truly helped me realize that


my husband loves me - he really does love me... even when I drive him crazy, and ask 101 questions, and do my fair share of nagging, and continue to add more things to the honey do list - when I'm ugly and unloveable... my husband loves me, he sacrifices for me, always looking for ways to bring a smile to my face. Always helping me focus on the Lord and His Word. He encourages me and pushes me and he believes in me.  He comforts me when the struggles are too much to bear. Oh but most of all he lets me snuggle with him to the point that he's practically falling off the bed (I love that part - poor thing).




my daughter Elizabeth who is growing up to be so very beautiful... yes she is 13 going on 23 but what's new... don't they all go through that stage?  But she is good, she is sweet, she loves her mom... and her dad... yes she's a daddy's girl... she's smart, is making friends, loves to sing for Jesus.  I love her but its getting hard seeing her grow up... as she does her hair and fools around with makeup...  Where did the time go? Its hard to see yourself in your child...she is so much like me - which sometimes isn't a good thing, because the yucky stuff looks even yuckier when I see myself...praying she listens to my heart and is always reminded of how much I love her, I truly do.

my son Caleb. Oh how that boy loves me - he is all boy but has such a tender and sensitive heart.  He loves sneaking up and giving me a hug or a kiss... yes he has his moments when he thinks he's five and has his crazy melt downs - praying this stage will son pass because its one I can't understand... but how time flies - now he's 10 and I can remember the day he was born and the sweetness of Caleb, mommy's little boy... One of the many things he loves to do is create with his legos - which makes me want to hang him when I step on one of those little pieces AHHHHHH!!!! But then I see him sleeping and how long he's getting - oh my sweet little boy.

my precious Priscilla. My firecracker, how she loves to get her brother and sister going and letting out a piercing scream that makes my bone marrow shake (thanking God they are not as frequent anymore) - she brings out the Spanish in me... she is fearless but with just a gentle spirit.  How she loves her countless barbies which have now overtaken our basement. She wants to change the world.  Loves making cards and getting as many people to sign them.  She's my prayer warrior... working on starting a bible study class... loves finding that little nook on my back to squeeze into - not caring that she's breaking my back - its like she wants to be as close as possible.... and how can I forget her favorite question - mami are you happy?  This is so very important to her.


Life isn't easy - there are times when its hard and painful - when you wonder if anything you do is worthwhile... but then as type this, I see my husband helping Elizabeth with a school project while she sings and performs Let It Go, my son playing his video games and my precious Priscilla knocked out trying to find that nook in my back - I thank God.  He knew what I needed - He knows what I need and He continues to provide in abundance... I am surrounded by a man and children who love me... I am surrounded by wonderful parents and in laws... and by an incredible church family and friends who encourage me, push me, love me, accept me just the way I am (or so they have me believe) and yes even drive me batty lol but at least I get a supply of the jumbo bottle of Advil - I wouldn't change it... how can I complain, (well I can complain) what would I be saying to God - I'm not happy with what you've given me?? Learning learning learning to be grateful even in those moments... find the blessings... find the gifts... seek Him

Tonight as I inhale and exhale I praise God for Him - for who He is... Thank you my Jesus... I have a Lord and Savior who loves me - loves me so much that he stretched out His arms - He suffered and died for me... that the blood that He shed on that cross cleansed me, white as snow... that I don't have to jumped through hoops or do any rituals or bring any sacrifices for Him to listen to me - He is there waiting for me to share my heart... 


Oh what can be a greater gift... 
that I can serve my Savior all the days of my life.  

Thank you Jesus for this birthday!

Thank you Jesus for another year of life... 

Looking forward with excitement to see what you have in store for me!!  

praying...