Releasing

I love devotionals... I have them all over the place and just switch it up from time to time. There is one that I have just stuck with lately and I feel that it just speaks to me... its called Jesus Calling. I got one version for my 13 year old daughter Elizabeth and another version for my two younger children.  A couple of weeks ago I got the desktop Jesus Calling devotional for work, the one you flip each day... so I can keep it on top of my desk and just be able to turn to it throughout the day and focus on what Jesus is telling me through the devotional.

Last night I wrote how I was struggling with something and really just having a hard time letting go. Its personal and it has to do with someone that I love and care about... and yes throughout the years I have found myself throwing a wrench into God's blueprint and messing things up. I'm really good at that when I try and handle things myself thinking that I know better than God... I laugh because after I realize what I've done... I can visualize Him just sitting on His HUGE throne with His head in His hands, while he turns to look at me while with that look - lovingly shaking His head as He smiles - how many times do I have to keep on letting you know I got this!!

So today when I get into work and I pick up all the papers from my inbox and straighten up the mail, I settle down at my desk, turn on my computer and while that is starting up, I turn to my devotional and excitedly I flip it to March 24... wondering how He is going to speak to me today... what do you think He is telling me...

"THIS IS A TIME IN YOUR LIFE WHEN YOU MUST LEARN TO LET GO: of loved ones, of possessions, of control. In order to let go of something that is precious to you, you need to rest in My Presence, where you are complete. Take time to bask in the Light of My Love. As you relax more and more, your grasping hand gradually opens up, releasing your prized possession into My care.

You can feel secure, even in the midst of cataclysmic changes, through awareness of My continual Presence. The One who never leaves you is the same One who never changes: I am the same yesterday, today, and forever. As you release more and more things into My care, remember that I never let go of your hand. Herein lies your security, which no one and no circumstances can take from you."
{Psalm 89:15; Hebrews 13:8; Isaiah 41:13}

Mind you that first sentence was all in caps!! Do you think He was trying to be crystal clear... I doubt he was shouting at me - or maybe He was... and it surprising that the first thing He lists is - loved ones... ay ay ay!! I HAVE to find my rest in His presence... which just brings me back to the verse I shared last night:

The LORD your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.

As I personalize this verse... it just reminds me that I can do this - I can let go of this and hand it over to my Father. He is with me, He will fight this battle... and yes He will delight in me and He will rejoice in my obedience to Him.

Do you have something also that you need to give up... let go... give over to Him... I know the feeling - and I leave you with this verse from Isaiah 41:13: "For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, “Fear not, I am the one who helps you.”

He will help us through this process - but we must be obedient and loosen the grip we have on what we are so desperately holding on to... so tonight I say: Lord - I release my prized possession over to your care... but I pray that you give my heart the comfort it needs while you give me the peace and strength to completely trust in you - while I have full assurance that you are in control.